[racktables-users] writing a restful API in php for Racktables

  • From: Ian Bettinger <ibettinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 09:33:59 -0700

Hi,

I'm an engineer at Topsy Labs (http://topsy.com/), and have been
charged with creating a restful web service API for Racktables. This
seems like a pretty popular request for the tool.

Once it's in working order, we'd like to get it merged into the main
branch of racktables so that we don't have to be the only folks
maintaining it going forward.

I'm planning on using the advice in this post to get started:
    //www.freelists.org/post/racktables-users/RESTful-API-for-RackTables,5

A couple of questions:

  1) has any official work started on this functionality?
  2) is there anything more I need to know to get started?

Thanks in advance for any advice / info.

Cheers,
Ian Bettinger