[racktables-users] single match on FQDN ends search

  • From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "<racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 11:32:22 +0100

I just updated from 19.2 to 19.7, and found this in the changelog:

0.19.3 2011-04-05
        update: when searching for object by its hostname (FQDN attr)
and single match is found, no searching by other fields is done

Unfortunately, I find this feature harmful. I would prefer the search to
continue, as I often want a list of IP addresses that has the same text
as an object's FQDN. Would you please add an option to the user
interface to enable/disable this feature?

Regards,
Tyler

--
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always
that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence