[racktables-users] Re: question regarding power plug design

> Our structrure contains a master USV which divides into several power
> distributions, each secured by a dedicated fuse. These power distributions
> end on a rack, which then divides into multiple power plug connectors.
> So, I have for example 6 servers that are connected to the same fuse via a
> multiple socket. Since RackTables just supports connecting one port to one
> other, unlike the IPv4 subsystem, I'm not sure how to handle this without
> having to add every multiple socket as an own object.
>
> So, how should I proceed here? Are there any ideas for that or is it
> planned to support one-to-many connections for ports just like IPv4
> already provides?

Hello.

First, if we split "power" port into producing and comsuming roles
(socket and plug respectively), a PDU would have one "plug" and 6
"sockets". Then, a distribution would be the same structure, with PDUs
at its sockets and USV at its plug. Given, that each server has its
power level indicated, it's simple to sum all levels on the PDU and
compare it to the known maximum value. Then the procedure could be
recursively repeated to verify all levels of the whole circuit (from USV
to each server). That's the best approach I can think about now.

--
    Denis Ovsienko