[racktables-users] object templates

  • From: david@xxxxxxx
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 15:18:30 -0800 (PST)

I just spotted racktables on the freshmeat update e-mail and it looks interesting.

however, when I poke at the demo, I am not seeing one important feature, namely the ability to pre-define the hardware model info rather than having to do it for each device.

I am talking about the ability to define something like a Cisco 3560 switch (with all it's ports, size, etc) and then say something like 'add a new device, it's s Cisco 3560' and have it show up with all the ports predefined.

there is a dictionary, but all I see is a list of names. am I missing how to get at the definitions of these things?

David Lang