[racktables-users] Re: What virtual infrastructure do you use?

  • From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 16:19:01 -0600

On 1/14/2011 3:51 PM, Mills, Matt wrote:
 From what I've seen of Aarons code I believe it will be applied more generically then
just Virtualization (I plan on using it for Blade servers / switches). An interface
designed on the parent/child relationship would probably be best. We would probably be
able to apply at least parts of such an interface to the Location parenting patch that I
am working on as well (Site ->  Room ->  Row ->  etc)

I think we have some instances of 2U blade servers with 4 physical blades, some of which host multiple VM's...

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx