[racktables-users] Re: VLAN configuration on switches - cloud infrastructure

  • From: "Prabhakar K." <krishkar99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 11:51:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Denis,

Thanks for the input. I have spent time on installing the racktables set up and
created a test environment for myself.
I made lot of progress in connecting to the Cisco Catalyst switch, and I was
able to create a switch object etc.,
But for the 802.1Q, I did not have much success. I was looking into the code as
well to understand, but could not
find some answers.

1. If I am connected to a switch port, how does the port will be configured for
the VLAN ?
2. How does it detect on which port num it is connected and do the settings ?
3. Once the port is known does it use the Get/GetNext or just use the
management login information
to login and set the configuration with commands for the respective switches ?

I am digging into the code, would be glad if some one can give me insights into
the code.

Regards,
Prabhakar