[racktables-users] Re: User experience survey

  • From: Jason Ledford <jledford@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:14:15 -0400

I don't think we thought we had a need for something like racktables until I
installed it.  Once I showed it off it was adopted almost immediately.  We had
no mappings of our server rooms and you only hoped that the sticky label on the
front of the server is correct and actually there.  And for our ip-space there
was a spreadsheet that was half updated and very badly used.  Our admins jumped
all over racktables and starting adding servers and ip address' instantly,
making me decide on backups quickly :)

Racktables is very valuable and also FREE!!!! (which usually is a negative in
my company)

I initially looked around to see what else was available and I couldn't find
anything that was free, or could compete with the design of racktables.

Many thanks.