[racktables-users] Re: URLs for objects?

  • From: Frank Altpeter <frank-racktables@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:22:02 +0200

Hi there,

on 2009-07-21 at 12:09:47 CEST, Denis Ovsienko wrote:
> Local addons are best kept in inc/local.php file. For example, you
> could do the above with the following template:
>
> <?php
>
> $tab['object']['mytab'] = 'special management';
> $tabhandler['object']['mytab'] = 'localfunc_ManagementTab';
>
> function localfunc_ManagementTab()
> {
> // do something
> }
>
> ?>
>
> You can even make the custom tab show and hide depending on special
> conditions (see triggers). After you make sure, that all added work ends
> up in one file, upgrades will become much more trivial.

I found this hint helpful for my needs and just tried it out, but I've hit
a (possible) bug, which should be mentioned, but is not essential, but not
always obvious.

When having whitespace in local.php outside the php start/stop tags, the
render_image.php also generates this whitespace, which renders the
resulting PNG graphics broken.

E.g. if you put this in your local.php:

---------------------------- start here ---------------------------------
<?