[racktables-users] Re: URLs for objects?

  • From: Troy Rose <troyjrose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 10:02:17 +0200

Hi,

That sounds great.. I've actually made an addition (okay, I busted into the
code! guilty!) where I take the specific management URLs and create  a
seperate tab for each of the URLs (in the object view), and suck them into
an iframe. This enables users to see and use, from the racktables, the
host(s) different management functions. I realise its a specific addition
I'm making here, but it its REALLY useful to have, and its all object
centric, which makes sense from our point of view, as we are encouraging our
engineers to use RackTables as a central point for hosts. The code didn't
take very long to create (slight modifications to navigation.php and
interface.php), but it would be better if it was applied from the dictionary
level in a similar manner to the way Ryan mentioned.

Also, this brings me to another thing in regards to the recent mention of an
API - it would be very handy to have some sort of custom "overlay" feature
so we could customise the look and feel of racktables without disturbing the
underlying code for instances such as this.

Regards,

Troy Rose