[racktables-users] Re: Tagging users

On Wed, 2010-11-17 at 11:36 +0000, James Osbourn wrote:
> I have come to an environment where we are using rack tables and have found
> it to be an interesting application.
>
> We are using ldap authentication from and AD domain and I have been asked to
> setup security to grant different groups of users access to different object
> for read and editing purposes.
>
> From what I have read I can great 2 tags one for the users and one for the
> object and then I can grant permissions to user in the users tag to the
> object in the object tag.
>
> However, I cannot see any way to tag users who are not defined locally in the
> database.  Am I getting this right or is there a different way to achieve
> this.

James,

You are doing the same thing I am. As far as I know, you must create the
users locally, and tag them. You can still use LDAP auth to authenticate
them, and then it uses the matching local user's tags to determine
permissions.

Regards,
Tyler

--
"No one can terrorize a whole nation, unless we are all his accomplices."
   -- Edward R. Murrow