[racktables-users] Re: Some Suggestions/Questions

Hi William!

It would be nice if the User Accounts system would allow user definable attributes to be applied. I would like to be able to add things like phone number, cube, manager information to a user account.

Yep, this can be useful. We will add it to our todo list.

Another nice feature would be for you to be able to grant default permissions to a user upon creation.

Well, right now all permissions are managed by a script called RackCode. You probably can write a script that would grant some default permissions to all users. Denis Ovsienko should be able to clarify this further.

In the Objects View, A view type of “unmounted” would be nice. If I add multiple device objects with different hardware types, I have to go to each group that I added an object to. I am also not seeing a way to transfer a device between userids.

Erm, right. We used to have "unmounted" filter before, but due to some reason, which I don't remember now, it's gone. Denis, any thoughts?

Is there a way to define an object that can appear in multiple locations? Things like wire managers would benefit from being able to be in multiple locations. It is tedious to create multiple wire managers with unique names for every rack.

Sure, you can mount your object in multiple racks.

I am using a svn version with the time machine. Something has changed in the Rack sort order in Rackspace. It sorts properly in 16.6. In the newer versions it does things like: A1 A10 A11 A12 A13 A14 A15 A16 A17 A18 A19 A2 A20.

Right... That's a bug. Thanks for reporting :)

Cheers,
Denis.