[racktables-users] Re: Rooms/Floors/Buildings.

On 3/2/2011 1:26 PM, Aaron Dummer wrote:
What if racks were converted into objects themselves. This solves a
few problems. They could have extra attributes like objects can have.
In 0.19.1, the concept of objects inside other objects has been
created. If we had 'container' objects that can hold other objects
then you could implement any kind of facility layout that you want.

The idea of treating racks and locations as objects is interesting. As
you mentioned, it would solve several problems at once. I'll work on
incorporating that into a future version of 0.19.

Do you already handle the other end of the nesting scenario: VMs hosted on a blade in a chassis?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx