[racktables-users] Re: Rooms/Floors/Buildings.

  • From: "Aaron Dummer" <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 13:26:49 -0600

What if racks were converted into objects themselves. This solves a few problems. They could have extra attributes like objects can have. In 0.19.1, the concept of objects inside other objects has been created. If we had 'container' objects that can hold other objects then you could implement any kind of facility layout that you want.

The idea of treating racks and locations as objects is interesting. As you mentioned, it would solve several problems at once. I'll work on incorporating that into a future version of 0.19.

--
Aaron Dummer