[racktables-users] Re: Question about users.

  • From: Luis Fernando Lacayo <lflacayo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 14:50:34 -0500

Denis,

Please see my comments below.

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 23:31 +0400, Denis Ovsienko wrote:

> Hello.
>
> > I am using version 0.16.2 and I am having issues with users.
> >
> > I have created a second user and assigned a password to the same,
> > however, when I try to login I am not able to login.  The admin users
> > work just fine.
>
> The admin user is immune (up to some extent), so one fixes things
> easier, when they get broken. This will become even more so, when I get
> back to LDAP issues. Back to the topic, all user accounts are created
> "blocked". There's an icon next to account to block/unblock (on same
> page you used to create it).

lfl **  I check to make sure that both of the two new users are in fact
enabled and both are not allowed access to the application.

> > Also is there a way to have a read only user account?
>
> Long story short: yes, it's possible. All access control in
> RackTables is performed by "RackCode" combined with tags. All necessary
> information (including an example of read-only access) is explained in
> my earlier post:
> //www.freelists.org/archives/racktables-users/06-2008/msg00021.html

lfl **  I will take a look, my reasoning for this type of access is that
I want to have a link from my NAGIOS network monitor to the racktables
this way I can click on the link within NAGIOS and go right to the box.

> > This is a great product thanks for all the time invested.
>
> Spread the word, post a review somewhere. That's currently one of the
> best ways to give back to the project.

lfl **  I will do so...with out a doubt.

--
Luis Fernando Lacayo
Chicago Public Schools