[racktables-users] Re: New release - 0.19.2

On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 01:37 +0400, Denis Ovsienko wrote:
> > What is the recommended procedure for changing objects from one type to
> > an "X chassis" type? Can I simply edit the DB?
>
> Well, this is not the recommended way to go. I will consider returning the
> old SELECT wrapped with necessary checks to keep the records internally
> consistent.

So the only way to go at the moment is to create a new object and
manually copy the data?

If so, that's more work than I can commit to. Perhaps you can tell me
what differs between the data types, except for the associated
attributes?

Regards,
Tyler

--
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
   -- George Orwell