[racktables-users] Re: How to report a bug?

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <pilot@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 18:12:33 +0300

> How do i need to report a bug?
> Can't find a register or something to login.

Hello.

You may post the description right to the list, this may turn out
useful for someone else.

Below is a follow-up to the issue of Patrik Bat (his mailserver
didn't relay, when I mailed the solution directly to him). The issue
was visible as user being able to access anything regardless of
particular tag being set on assets or not. The RackCode in turn only
permitted viewing assets with particular tag set.

> User xxx has the tag Xxx. is that wrong ?

Hello.

This way the tag is always present, when the user accesses, and the
"permit" rule always wins. Rules are evaluated against the tags
regardless of the source, which made tags appear on the context. If you
rename the tag to "Xxx asset", the situation would become more clear.