[racktables-users] Re: How to handle virtual machine's

  • From: Don McMorris <dmcmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 09:40:26 -0500

I've heard similar things about the software.  We administer a server
cluster for a state gov't customer.  We share a colo cage with other
departments, which means we all use the same blocks of public IPs and
physical space.

Prior to RackTables, each department maintained a few documents for IP
allocations, rack usage, and the like.  Unfortunately, changes in the
cage are relatively frequent and communication was somewhat lacking.
Even our internal documents lost sync with each other quite a bit (IP
would be updated on 1 doc but not the others).

When we did a major cluster upgrade, I took the time to implement
RackTables.  The idea was that we would be changing server locations
quite frequently.

I showed it to the other departments, and they loved it.  As a matter of
fact, they asked me to add the other facilities to it.

So, keep up the excellent work!
--Don

--
Don McMorris Jr.
| Operations Manager
| Equinox Software Inc. "The Evergreen Experts"
| Direct: 1.770.709.5569
| Toll-free: 1.877.Open.ILS (1.877.673.6457) x5569
| E-Mail/AIM: dmcmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
| Web: http://www.esilibrary.com
| Member: ALA (ERT, IFRT, IRRT, SRRT), PLA, LITA
*  Be a part of the Evergreen International Conference!  *
*     May 20-22, 2009  http://solinet.net/evergreen      *