[racktables-users] Re: How to handle virtual machine's

Oke Thanks i will look in to it. And how about the other things i asked?

 Met vriendelijke groet,

 Roy de Jager
 netwerkbeheerder

             Denis Ovsienko
             <pilot@xxxxxxxxxx>
             Sent by:                                                       To
             racktables-users-bo         racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             unce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                                             cc

                                                                       Subject
             03-02-2009 12:51 PM         [racktables-users] Re: How to handle
                                         virtual machine's

              Please respond to
             racktables-users@fr
                 eelists.org

> > Until the new uber featureful release is out you can do what I did -
> > create a new Chapter  called 'Hosted On'. Add your ESX server as
> > words. Create a new attribute called 'Hosted on' , type dict.
> > Now, put it all together by mapping the 'Hosted On' Chapter to Server
> > object with 'Hosted On' Dictionary.
> > Create VMs as normal servers and set the 'Hosted On'  field to
> > respective esx host.
>
> Thanks for this.  When the newer release comes out that make provision
> for newer categories like virtual machines, will it be necessary to do
> it all over by hand?

Hello. There's another way to do the task with 0.16.x.
Existing "veth" port type can be employed for connecting virtual
systems to the real hardware. The only thing necessary is to allow
connecting 'veth' to 'veth', which is done from "Configuration->Port
compatibility map". Then each VM would have 1 veth port, while host
systems would have a stack of such (like 10-20, depending on the
environment). Then assignments would be managed from usual "Port" tab.

--
    Denis Ovsienko

DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail and any attachments is intended solely for the use of the
individual addressee(s), and may not be passed on to, or made available for use
by any person. If you are not the intended recipient or reader, you are kindly
requested to notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete it
from your system. Members of the Tauw-group are neither liable for the proper
and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication,
nor for any delay in its receipt. Any e-mail messages from members of the
Tauw-group shall not be binding nor be construed as constituting any obligation
on the part of members of the Tauw-group.

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image