[racktables-users] Re: How to handle virtual machine's

  • From: Luis Fernando Lacayo <lflacayo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 09:06:39 -0600

Hey Frank,

If you don't mind sharing how you integrated Nagios to your racktables,
I would be very interested in hearing how you did that.

thanks,

Luis

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 15:49 +0100, Frank Altpeter wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> on 2009-02-03 at 14:59:46 CET, Luis Fernando Lacayo wrote:
> > Well Said Dennis,
> >
> > But this software is like drugs, you want more and more sooner and
> > sooner...  I am pretty sure that I speak for a good portion of
> > RackTables users when I say that your hard work is very much
> > appreciated.
>
> Just to add my 2 cents, I also appreciate the work on RackTables a lot,
> and I really like that software a lot.
> I implemented RackTables at my previous company with great success,
> covering about 300 servers and managing a /22 IP network with it.
> After changing company about 6 months ago, the first thing I implemented
> here was also the RackTables system, currently with about 200 servers and
> a bunch of /20 networks, and my co-workers (including management) like it
> a lot, since it eases asset management a lot. Because of the clean and
> extensible structure of the RackTables database, I also managed to
> cross-reference and integrate nagios monitoring and bacula backup with our
> RackTables installation for automation based on entered data.
>

> So, even if it's a low-prio free-time project, you're doing great work
> here and the community is happy to use it.
>

> Le deagh dhùraghd,
>
>       Frank Altpeter

Luis Fernando Lacayo
Chicago Public Schools
Senior Unix Administrator
ITS/ UNIX Infrastructure
Office: 773-553-3835
Cell: 773-203-4493
lflacayo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
               "In God we trust, the rest we monitor ..."