[racktables-users] %GPASS% and server model

Hi,

Could you please explain me logic behind %GPASS% in models list?

First, I'm not sure how useful it is. The hardware lists become so long that you don't see vendor for some hardware types (i.e. some Dells). Morover, adding new hardware is much harder with %GPASS%, especially if you try do it some automatic way.

Second, It's inconsistent. I.e. for Dell and HP %GPASS% is after 'product line name' for Sun or SGI is after vendor name. The situation is even worst for 'disk array models'. Where some boxes has %GPASS% some not.

I would personally prefer to drop %GPASS% totally. Moreover, I'm not sure if predefine hardware list is useful.

Cheers,
Wawrzek

--
Wawrzyniec (Wawrzek) Niewodniczański - 01223 435603 (35603) - wawrzekn
System Administrator - Engineering Services Team (XenServer)