[racktables-users] Following wire accros multiple connexions
- From: Aubin Galinotti <noxin.racktables@xxxxxxxxxx>
- To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:56:33 +0200
Hello,for my own usage here I have just written a php page that allow me to follow the links from a specific equipement or from all equipements of a rack.
if it can be of any use for someone, here it is.Sorry it's written quickly, with almost no comments or event error checks from database requests, and I made some choices in the sql request that reflect how I use racktable here and may not be adapted for everyone. For instance I list only objects having an asset_tag.
To follow a wire accros many jumps, the ports have to be named xxB and xxF on a patch panel.(back and front)
For instance :- a customer have a router in rack A, a wire from port eth0 correspond to meet-me room M patchpanel 2 port 4 - then the port 4 is patched on port 6 of the patch panel 1, which correpond to port 6 in rack B, then port 6 in rack B is patch to port 6 of one of my switchs
the whole path is : - A router-eth0 => M pp02-04B - M pp02-04F => M pp01-06F - M pp01-06B => B pp-6B - B pp-6F => B switch-6 Regards, NoxIn
Other related posts:
- » [racktables-users] Following wire accros multiple connexions - Aubin Galinotti
- » [racktables-users] Re: Following wire accros multiple connexions - Denis Ovsienko