[racktables-users] Re: Device Coloring

  • From: Erik Weber <twiztar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 09:46:26 +0200

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 2:25 AM, Joseph Hardeman <jwhardeman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  Hi Guys,
>
> I was curious, is there an easy way to change the color of a device placed
> in a rack?  I was thinking about doing some color coding depending on the
> type of device in a rack.

I did something like that once (to view 'reserved' space with a
different color, red in this case). It's an ugly hack, and doesn't
give any UI because we do all the tampering in the database.

What I did (as far as I can recall), this is for 0.14.12 so file
locations may have changed:

* Changed some code (index.php, render_image.php,
render_rack_thumb.php atleast) to add another statecode, thus "foreach
(array ('F', 'A', 'U', 'T', 'Th', 'Tw', 'Thw') as $statecode)" became
"foreach (array ('F', 'A', 'U', 'T', 'Th', 'Tw', 'Thw', 'R') as
$statecode)"
Notice the new statecode, 'R' for reserved.

* Added a row to Config-table;
    varname: color_R
   varvalue: ff0000
    vartype: string
    emptyok: no
  is_hidden: yes
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

To actually change color on object, change it's state in RackSpace to
'R' or whatever value you gave your new color.

I might have forgotten something, and it does lack GUI functions (we
populate racktables from our CMDB, not by hand).

--
Erik