[racktables-users] Re: A brand new shiny pre-release is ready to be tested

Hi there,

on 2009-03-09 at 22:58:55 CET, Denis Yeldandi wrote:
> Dear RackTables users!
>
> We have some great news. As some of you have already noticed, we have a new
> website design, which is supposed to be cleaner and nicer than the old one.
> Feel free to criticize though.
>
> And another thing is that we have a new demo set up that runs a pre-release
> code with long-awaited (well, long-awaited by me, at least) time-machine
> feature. There is some kind of documentation/overview of this feature in
> our wiki http://racktables.org/trac/wiki/TemporalFeature . And demo is
> accessible on this http://racktables.org/demo.php page.
>
> Please feel free to check it out, play with it, break it and file bug
> reports in this mailing list. The more bugs we fix, the sooner it will be
> out.

Wow, that's kinda awesome - I think I will like the time machine :)

Not sure (yet) what's with the "Files" tab (do I need to archive documents
on my rack documentation? :), but the history and milestone feature looks
great and usable.

One annotation if granted, it looks like the milestone combines all
changes since the last milestone - no matter which logged in user did
these (e.g. two different "admin" users doing changes concurrently are
logged within one milestone). Perhaps it would be an idea to have some
kind of temporary locking button and/or feature to prevent this, otherwise
two admins could do different changes while one of them sends a milestone
entry which contains the other admin's changes as well.
Or, perhaps, preventing to log in as an already logged in user, but this
would AFAIK require to get away from AuthType Basic...

Oh, just detected a possible bug within the Files section. When looking at
a file (e.g.
http://racktables.org/demo/temporal/?page=file&tab=default&file_id=1 ),
and pressing on the "save changes" button without actually having entered
a new filename on "upload replacement", this gets sent and the file gets
kicked off (e.g. 0 bytes after that).

So far the comments from me,

Le deagh dhùraghd,

        Frank Altpeter