[racktables-users] Re: 0.17, 0.18, VLANs

  • From: Denis Ovsienko <infrastation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: racktables-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 May 2010 12:11:23 +0400

> Will this deal with scenarios where some switch ports pass the vlan trunks to
> hosts that have several subinterfaces or to VMware hosts that split out to
> guests?

Yes, it will. Beware, that current limitation of the system is a port role
(access/trunk in this case) is dictated by assigned template. This means, if
you cannot precisely position trunk ports on template, you are likely to assign
many ports to "trunk" role and run them with the only native VLAN, where access
port would work. I don't yet have a idea, how to make it work with less
configuration baggage.

--
    Denis Ovsienko