[pythonvis] Re: newbi with a question

  • From: Ben Humphreys <brhbrhbrh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pythonvis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2017 15:25:57 -0500

Jean-Claude,

Try this from command line:

pip install MySQL-python

Ben

At 07:22 PM 1/31/2017, you wrote:

Hi all,

I'm new to Python but not quite new to programming... I have worked on mainframes way back when & I have used a variety of script languages, C, ColdFire & others...

My question today concerns Python & MySQL. I have installed MySQL 5.7 server on my Windows 7 computer, created my database & tables, then populated it all with the necessary data.

I wanted to use Python to build an interface to that MySQL database. I had installed Python 3.6 but when MySQL installed, it complained that it required Python 3.4 so refused to install the proper plug-in...

Will I have to install an earlier version of Python to satisfy the MySQL wizzard requirement or do I have a workable way to use a MySQL database with Python 3.6...

Thank you in advance for sharing your musings:-)

Cheers,

Jean-Claude Provost
List web page is //www.freelists.org/webpage/pythonvis

List web page is //www.freelists.org/webpage/pythonvis