[python] Re: python Digest V8 #63

  • From: "dirk@xxxxxxxxxx" <dirk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 11:34:08 +0200 (CEST)

Howard Stevens <hstevens94@xxxxxxxxx> hat am 20. August 2010 um 04:56
geschrieben:

> Pythonauts.....has anyone ever ridden a python or Flevo with the pivot in
> front of the hip joint...ie level with the front of the seat?  I would be
> interested in how much PSI was noticed.  Thanks for the news about Dennis
> Renners Trike Rhisiart, ....a very neat arrangement and seems to ride very
> well.  I wonder how similar this is to the PX5 and whether you would feel
> like you are about to be thrown out of the seat when turning.  The question
> remains open as to why there was PSI noticed on Jurgens PX5.  I can't
> understand how there could be any with the pivot BEHIND the
> hips??...any comments Jurgen?  Dirk?    Cheers to you all  Howard
I think it is because this (my theroy at least :-):

a) pivot in front of your hips:
you press on the right leg or pedal on the front part and support with the left
part of your back on the back part of the python - opposite sides. So while the
force on the pedal would tend to left-steer, the back-pressure on the seat would
right steer and - i believe - counteract.

b) pivot behind your back:
Same situation, but now the pressure of your back against the seat is introduced
in front of the pivot. If  in case a) the resulting backpressure is
couteracting, it would do the opposite here since it is introduced on the other
side of the pivot.

In the case of dennis renner, isn't the seat attached to the front part as well?
In that case, the counteracting back force is nullified within the front part
and the rear is free to be steered by hand.

Regards,
DirkS