[python] Re: [python]

  • From: Gerald <bepb@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 15:21:07 +0100

Hi,
I too think, from the ease of ride, as well as the better visibility and overview, increased seat height is an advantage. Actually I already started to poke through my store to identify the parts for a python highracer. Python Hiracer - would his be the correct label?

But this is the view of a hardened python rider.

When I think back on my first wriggels - its a python after all - I remember that I found learning easier after lowering the seat far enough to be able to support myself with my hands on the ground on both sides of the bike. Before, I just never managed to put the second foot on the pedal and get control of the bike at the same time. The low seat allows you to put both feed on the pedals first, while supporting yourself with you hands, then focus on balance and riding.

Maybe thats because before staring with the python, I never owned a recumbent bike, and my experience on recumbent bikes as such summed up to a single ride on a Toxy ZR and one on a HP Scorpion Trike. Both two are rather low.

Best regards
Gerald

On 25.2.12 4:19 , Vi Vuong wrote:
I can confirm the ease of higher seat. It seems that we should recommend beginners to start out with high seat, and then lower as they progress or want more challenge. How about an adjustable seat height design, anyone?

Cheers,

Vi