[python] Re: getting a gauge

  • From: Dirk Bonné <dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:53:42 +0100

Your drawing looked a lot like a flevo trike. You can find pictures on:

    http://flevofanclub.ligfiets.net/?doc=home&lang=en

site for information about the flevo trike.

Instead of the 45degrees pivot angle of flevo trikes, I recommend
60degrees instead (much better behaviour). Trail is not all that
important, and could be e.g. +5cm (positive trail). I would also mount a
rubber block on the pivot (like on the flevo trike) to make sure the
front part doesn't fall sideways when nobody is sitting on the bike (and
as a steering aid) - on my old flevo I used simply a "silent" block
using to mount motors in cars.

groeten,
Dirk