[python] Some newbie questions

  • From: Volker Philippent <bike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 19:14:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Pythoneers,

last week I worked myself through last year's list archives. As most of
the construction details have already been discussed (steering pivot
angle, front/rear suspension, high-speed stability, etc.), I'd still like
to know wether a long or short wheelbase should be preferred.

Does the wheelbase affect the stability at higher speed (downhill)?

Or all summed up: is there a "feature matrix" somewhere, some sort of
overview, where all of the effects influencing the python are listed:
- pivot angle
- suspension
- wheelbase
- seat position
- ...
with effect to
- steering radius
- pedalling, acceleration
- ...?

In addition, for me as a newbie, does anyone have a "welding howto" in
german language?

@Ray Schumacher: last year you mentioned "a bunch of pdfs" regarding the
construction. I am interested in that bunch. Are these available on your
homepage, or can you send me them?

Kind regards
Volker