[python] Re: Pythonjetrike update

  • From: Vi Vuong <vi_vuong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 21:21:30 -0800 (PST)

I admire all your cold-weather endurance.  It looks like someone is working on
the problem, but not sure if it's a python snow machine or not.  Can't see
steering mechanism too well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MF5R4S2_yw

Regarding brakes, has anyone try coaster brake in the snow?

Hang in there...

Vi

>________________________________

    means even more salt and streets that are only partially cleared.
    Problems that I experience when riding the pythoon are:
>* Everything begins to be really messy. Because the wheel runs
    between my legs, my pants get soaked with salty black water, dirt
    from chain etc..
>* What is very annoying are the wheels blocking inside the
    mudguards. The mudguard distance is 1-1.5cms and sometimes I can
    hear the rear wheel slipping as as it all is clogged up with snow
    :-(
>* One of the brake cables freeze up. I only have one brake now :-(
>* Because of the salt the bike is rusting. I'll have to paint the
    frame again :-(
>* I hate disc brakes - even my avid bb7. Disc brakes are just to
    sensitive for real use - after several years I still do not
    understand why mountain bikes are so happy about disc brakes. The
    distance of the brake pad to rotor is so little it must get clogged
    in the forest mud!?? Give me my V-brakes with koolstop pads back!
    :-(

>I still ride with my big apple tires. It has a praofile that is so
    shallow it is practically painted on. Does anybody know a good
    winter tire for 20"?