[python] Re: Python trike plans [approaching things from the back (D+E Variant) ]

  • From: Stefan Bartels <sbartels@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 23:57:05 +0100

I've made another drawing, I'm better with a biro than a tablet...
Please let me hear some comments about my latest folly...
Why all this? The friend who promised to do some welding for me has been, well, promising this for the last 30 months. Now I must find a design where there is as little welding involved as possible.
So here goes:
t5
One wheel in the front (in the fork of the folding bike). The back part of the folding bike is now the front wheel drive.
From the middle of the folding bike a 40x40mm steal beam extends to the back, left and right of it are two 20" wheels in horizontal BMX forks.
So, what do you think? Doable, ridable, steerable?
Thanks everybody
Stefan

Stefan Bartels schrieb:
Hi, here is a more conventional idea I had.
I take the front of a folding bike with the normal fork, and attach the back of the folding bike to the front, so I have the front wheel drive. The two wheels are added at the back. So the steering would be (how do I explain that?) just like with the normal bike, and the front wheel drive unit could swing left and right with the front wheel. Steering geometry would be as in the original bike... Does sth like that work?
It's not a python, of course...
Stefan
t4