[python] Re: Python project

  • From: Kurt Rutter <tokabago@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 12:54:43 -1000

OK here is the url to my wiki page on OpenBike:
http://en.openbike.org/wiki/Kauai_Python
 and a link to photos on
Picasa<https://picasaweb.google.com/tokabago/TokePython?authkey=Gv1sRgCK21ypv19N-IWA&feat=directlink>
Yes, I stood with a much too small map gas torch and heated the crank
arm...and heated. Need a bigger torch!
Your solution is very elegant and apparently the annealing was not a
problem... I will do that on the next one.

2011/2/15 Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>

> Hello Kurt,
>
> could you please give us a direkt link to your wiki-side. The wiki
> currently is under spam attack (Dirk, I recommend to block it temporarily),
> and I could not find your uploads.
>
> BTW, I did not weld the aluminium crank arm, but annealed it for bending
> and later bolted it to the main frame.
>
> Cheers,
> Jürgen.
>

> On 15.02.2011 21:58, Kurt Rutter wrote:
>
>> I made a P3 type python based on Jurgen's great tutorial on the python
>> project site  and have posted pictures and data in the python
>> wiki<http://en.openbike.org/wiki/Main_Page>.
>>
>> No CAD drawings, mostly a ruler, a level, and a welder...and a hack saw.
>> The
>> bike is made from my old commuter bike, a nice steel frame with terrible
>> proportions. I am using a bottom bracket as on the P3 for the pivot but
>> fabricated the bottom "crank arm" from steel tubing since I could not weld
>> the aluminum one after so nicely cutting it and bending (cheap welder!)
>> Overall the project took one summer to build a few hours at a time,
>> probably
>> 20-30 hours in all.
>>
>> So far I am a terrible rider! But I have at least graduated from grass to
>> pavement. I tried and abandoned a steering damper from those pocket bike
>> motorbikes and now have a set of handlebars bolted on, keeps the brakes
>> handy but does not help steer much. Practice!
>>

>> Kurt
>> Kauai

Kurt Rutter, RN, MSN
Kauai Community College