[python] Re: Python Questions

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 10:53:08 +0200

Hello James,

if you send us some fotos or a link to a place where you uploaded some fotos of your bike it might be easier to answer your questions.

Pivots are made of steering heads, cartridge BBs and rod end bearings. If you have access to a lathe then tapered roller bearings are the best choice. The python makes only sense if you ride in flat country. If you want to go for hills better try low TT-clones because of the better downhill stability.

On 10.05.2010 04:35, James Sullivan wrote:
I have started on two bikes and I have some questions. I have read
everything that I could find on http://www.python-lowracer.de. and on
Youtube.com. I assume that the info from the Project Survey is from
2004-2006 and has not been updated. What do most of the later bikes
have for: Ground clearance Seat height Wheelbase Pivot angle With a
26” front wheel, how high is the BB/Crank center from the ground. I’m
180cm (5’9”)tall, 83.5cm (32.8”) inseam and am having problems with
the ground clearance of the pivot. I’m thinking that I will have to
have a bend in the front frame rails to change the angle. If so
should the bend be in front or behind the axle? Also, what is being
used for the pivot other than a bottom bracket? Are pivot parts
custom made or off the shelf items? From what I see of the Python
bikes that have been built, the USA is far behind and we have much to
learn from the “Python World”. I thank Jürgen Mages and all of the
other owners/builders out there!! Again, THANKS for any help that can
be offered. Jim Poitco@xxxxxxxxx