[python] Prothon seat/stearing pivot

  • From: "Jérémy Hanon" <J_HANON@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 19:47:20 +0200

Hello Jürgen and all the other readers,

sorry that it took me some times to come back to your question about the
stearing pivot but i needed some time to find the right words (of course in my
dictionary).
The axle of my stearing pivot is a 18cm long piece of threaded rod, 24mm diam.
A friend helped me to turn the end-parts to 18mm. This ends are pluged in heavy
duty axle bearing wich are connected with the aluminium/wood sandwich that form
the middle part of my prothon.
I used a threaded rod so i could use nuts to get the necessary withd to fold
the 5mm front aluminiumsheet around it and to have some strong paralel points
to fix it with some 10mm bolts through the axle. I know this construction is
not really lightweight (2-3kg?) but it works very well, and you could put a car
on it ;). Im sure it can be done a lot more lighter, but i wanted somethings
very stable that allows me to decompose the forces to a maximum into the
front-part. -my weight is between 95 and 100kg and i allready had about one
million falls. The next Python will certainly become more filigran...
The rest of the front wasn´t so difficult, Wolfgang Bion sold me a aluminium
BB-Shell that is hold in place with some screws, the rest was cutted with
simple holesaws and a angle grinder.
I can send some picture if someone minds...

I have tried to ride my Python today and i must say that the seat seams really
to be my weakest point, i will try to build a new one before easter, so i hope
to be able to ride a little more then 10meters till the Spezi- I am still
hoping to meet one or two more Pythonauts out there. I believe this could be
helpfull to find out how bad or how good the geometry is.

Tschüß Jérémy

--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss
für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dsl.gmx.de/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a