[python] Re: Hub gears

  • From: Gerald Küttner <bepb@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 15:23:39 +0200

Hi Torben,
yes, it can be inconvenient. Uphill this can be solved by switching in the 1 gear and let the bike roll back a bit. This makes the pedal turn backward as well. Its actual more cumbersome on flat or downhill.

My hup als also the nice feature that the break stay fixed if you kick back and let the bike roll back a bit. Only opens when you kick or roll forward. You can sit relaxed on your bike without having to hold the break till the traffic light turns green again. To be honest, I have no idea if this is a feature or a bug. After all I got the hub second hand.

Cheers
Gerald

Torben Scheel wrote:
Why not just use horizontal dropouts like most citybikes have?

I don't like coaster brakes on recumbents - I guess I just like to be able to place the pedals in the best starting position. A sligt uphill start combined with wrong pedal placement can lead to humiliation :-)

Cheers,
Torben