[python] Re: Fwd: Re: Prothon

  • From: Ronald Hongsermeier <rwhongser@xxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 17:06:18 +0200

Moin Stephan!

Jackodur Standard 2347402

there's also a green foam that's a bit more rigid, but I don't have a piece of
it around presently that has a specification on it. The blue rolled stuff is
not good for laminating with epoxy, because it is too slippery on the surface
and doesn't bond correctly. I bought a roll of it to test a couple of years
back and figure I'll never run out of inserts for taking some of the strain off
my feet on our granite floors at the airport. :-(

 They have a green foam Trittschalldämpfung that comes in sheets. It bonds
well, but I wouldn't recommend it for heavily mechanically challenged parts
like a seat because the thickness just isn't enough and it has square "valleys"
on one side. I think it would be good for making a stealth-type fairing (flat
surfaces with sharp lines to break up the surfaces) and for conic sectioned
type fairings.

hope that helps a bit.

regards,
Ron