[python] Re: Front Suspension

  • From: "Ronald W. Hongsermeier" <RonWHongsermeier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 22:58:17 +0200

Hi Jürgen,
judging by your sketch, I think it might work. One suggestion would be to place the bumper in the aft position which might also have the effect of  raising your road clearance some.
ron

jmages@xxxxxx schrieb:
Hi there,

recently a russian guy called Dmitry Kuteynikov proposed
me to realise a front suspension by placing a rubber in
the steering pivot.

In the mailing list this idea was already discussed and
we came to the conclusion that this could not work because
the pedal pressure would activate the suspension.

Encouraged by this discussion I taxed my brain and got
out a solution witch might work:

- mount a hinge between the steering pivot and the front part
- the hinge has a stopper in the lower position
- a pretensioned rubber is placed below the hinge

The principle is similar to the rear suspension. The rubber
is preloaded so that the system weight is compensated.

When the rider pushes the pedal, nothing happens to the
suspension as the pushing force is towards the stopper
plate.

When a road bump is passed over, the force is directed
to the opposite direction and the front part can fold
upwards (suspension) and is later pulled back to the
home position by the rubber.

I suppose this is difficult to understand and my
technical english is not the best. So I added a
rough sketch to outline the idea.

What do you guys think?

JPEG image