[python] Re: Finally rideable

  • From: Jürgen Mages <jmages@xxxxxx>
  • To: <python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 20:25:04 +0200

It's very exciting to try to learn this bent after having so many years of
taking such things as bike riding for granted. I look forward to being able
to ride it the 50km round trip to work and back. I should have no problem
with my legs as I have been riding a recumbent trike for almost 3 years now.
It definitely feels a lot lighter and more nimble than my trike, and I look
forward to racing it at the next velodrome time trials we have. My friend
has painted his silver and has also built a fiberglass fender for it, so
I'll get some shots of it when it's ready too. Interestingly, at this
point, neither of us can ride the other's python very well anymore. Mine is
a little too long for him, so the riding difficulty is understandable. When
I try to ride his, I still have a hard time "feeling" its balance. It is a
little bit lower than mine, I think, but likely as we get more accustomed to
them, switching the bents will not be as dramatic :)

Everytime I try another python than mine I need about 30 minutes to get accustomed to it. The steering pattern seems to be hardcoded in the cerebellum and it takes some effort to supersede that.