[python] Re: AW: Re: Front Suspension

  • From: "Ronald W. Hongsermeier" <RonWHongsermeier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: python@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:24:29 +0200

Hi Dirk and listies,
comment below in text.

dirk.bonne@xxxxxxx schrieb:

Thorsten Borm wrote:

A very simple way to have something like an suspension is this:
I use "Schwalbe Big Apple" with 50mm and 2,5 bar pressure on both
wheels. They work very good at rough roads and little potholes. At flat
roads there is nearly no noise and they are rolling very easy. And -
they are looking fine!

I have been eying these tires for some time too, but not enough place
for 50mm tires on my current python :-(

On this (dutch) website:

   http://www.ligfiets.net/accessoires/type.php3?id=336

it is said that "best" pressure should be at 4bars. Bert Hoge made
rolling tests for some tires (unfortunatly I have not the article and
its seems not to be available online). And the curve rolling resistance
vs. pressure for big apple has some kind of "knik" at 4 bars
* below 4bars the rolling resistance curve decreases much with pressure
increase (i.e. not linear with pressure).
* above 4bars the rolling resistance does not decrease much more, and
above are not more comfortable.

this is probably a result of designing the tires for a "sweet spot" in rolling resistance and comfort at the given parameters. As with all engineering, you can shoot for some targets but you can't hit all targets at exactly the same time. ;-)

.

(thats what they say on that page).

dirk

regards,