[pure-silver] Re: word from ilford

  • From: Laurence Cuffe <cuffe@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 09:01:41 -0700

On Tuesday, August 14, 2007, at 11:39PM, "Richard Knoppow"
<dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
Ctein "Post Exposure" (focal press 2000) has reported his tests of Sistan in
sufficient detail for any one who cared to reproduce them, to do so.
I also found a reference by  Oren Gradon in the large format photography forum
to  a recent thesis (May 2003) by Harald Sorgen, from the University of Applied
Sciences in Cologne, Germany
where Sistan was found to be effective. Against that we have the fact that
using in using sistan you are putting a permanently water soluble protective
coating in the print which may cause issues if the humidity of the print
environment is cycling, a point raised by  Ryuji Suzuki in another forum. So it
it all boils down to: the only way to preserve an image permanently is is to
make sure it has salacious content and let it loose on the web.
All the best
Larry Cuffe

<large section snipped here>