[pure-silver] Re: what planet have I been on???

  • From: Georges Giralt <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 06:24:55 +0200

BOB KISS a écrit :
*DEAR PURE SILVERS,*

* For decades, when printing with variable contrast (aka multigrade) papers I have used Wratten 0C (amber/orange) safelights with 15 watt bulbs no less than 6 feet away from my paper. I regularly do fog tests and have never discovered any fog for up to 15 minutes under the safelights.*

* I was just checking the Bergger site and they recommend 1A (red) filters for their VC/MG papers. What planet have I been living on? Did I miss something these last 30 years? *

*                                    CHEERS!*

*                                                BOB*
Hi Bob !
You'll fog some West Countries paper using amber safelifhts. I had bad luck with the first batch of fiber Foma paper coming out when the Iron Curtain falled. I thought it was very bad because I can(t gat any contrast out of it. The paper was in Czeck language only. But a co-worker married a Czech girl and when she reads the paper for me I discovered that Red was a standard ;-) Try a safelight test because I do not fog Foma papers anymore with my amber safelight...
--
Ce message est constitué d'au moins 50 % d'électrons recyclés.
S'il vous plaît, aidez nous à conserver nos ressources,