[pure-silver] Re: unsharp lens

  • From: Aaron Reece <oboeaaron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 23:47:53 -0400

I forgot to include the URL for the website I mentioned in my last post:

http://www.hevanet.com/cperez/index1.html

Here is his data for the Rodenstock 150mm APO Sironar S:

                center  middle  edge
f/11            76              85              43
f/16            76              76              43
f/22            60              60              48

And for the Hasselblad Zeiss 80mm f/2.8 Planar CT*:

c       m       e
68      68      38  f/2.8
60      60      34  f/4
96      96      54  f/5.6
96      107 60 f/8
85      76      60  f/11
68      68      60  f/16
54      48      48  f/22

He does not provide resolution data beyond f/22 for the Rodenstock, but you can follow the trend. Like all lens tests, take with a grain of salt. Also, I believe these tests measure a single sample of each lens only.

-Aaron

On May 7, 2007, at 9:38 PM, Shannon Stoney wrote:

I don't see how that could be it, because I do the same with the 90mm lens, and those images are plenty sharp.