[pure-silver] Re: spoiled by my new lens

  • From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 21:48:40 -0700

If you have 2 lenses, one is sharp the other not, then it is unlikely to be the
GG position.  If they are BOTH unsharp, then yes,
the GG may be in the wrong placement.

However, it is really pretty hard to tell if the GG is wrong or the CFH is
wrong.... the results are the same: unsharp.

I would hope the group can figure out a way to discriminate between the 2
possible errors without burning a LOT of film.

Shannon... since I may have not fully understood the conditions.... you have 2
lenses and one is sharp the other is not sharp?
Using the SAME CFH ( and same SIDE of that CFH)?

What distance are you shooting at?  Roughly infinity or closeup?

One thing to check...... on some shutters, there is a small screw like thing at
noon ( ?) on the back side of the shutter face, the
side that touches the LB..... this USUALLY is used to lock the shutter to the
lens board... if there is incorrect positioning, or if
the LB does not have a properly located extra hole for this screw, then the
lens is cocked in the LB, and some things are in focus
and others out of focus ( the lens has apparent tilt).. Can you check your LB
and shutter ion the lens that is acting badly and see
of the little screw like thing is there, and if it is properly located in the
LB.... The shutter back side should be fully touching
the LB face...   Does this make sense to you?  ( it is a lot easier to show by
hand, then to try to explain in words...)

If you find the tiny screw, it can be safely removed and thrown away...... it
is pretty useless except to cause headaches..... ( But
make sure you have the correct screw before you throw away something you
need....!)

Frank Filippone
red735i@xxxxxxxxxxxxx