[pure-silver] (sligthly OT) Film flatness in a 4*% holder

  • From: <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 10:50:08 +0200

Hi,

I am starting to test a new prototype of an IR film from MACO (it's made
in the old AGFA Geveart plant in Belgiuu it seems, instead at EFKE in
Croatia). I am supposed to report results first to MACO.

Thusfar I have only tested 1 sheet (I got only 10 sheets) and this film
is on an very thin layer (a bit similair to lith film), and has also
very heavy curl.

So the film is anywere from lying flat in the holder. (These facts are
know by MACO and will be corrected once they decide to put this film in
production).

Obviously I am worried about sharpness, I seem to recall that there is
not much room for depth of focus (at the film surface) as there is room
at the depth of field end.

Is that correct, ie when stopping down I can not compensate for the lack
of film flatness in the holder?

Will my final print be sharp in the middle, but get blurry towards the
edges?

The one sheet I developed and printed did seemed less sharp compaired to
the Rollei Infrared sheet I exposed at the same time. But the prototype
film was a bit overexposed and under developed.

Mybe I should slide an old 4*5 flat sheet undeneath the thin film?

Best,

Thanks,

Cor