[pure-silver] Re: silver gelatin or gelatin silver?

  • From: "Dana Myers" <dana.myers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 23:21:54 -0700

On 4/11/07, Tony Wingo <akw@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

One guest came up to me and asked me, in all seriousness,
how difficult it was to make a "Silver Gelatin" print. I explained to
him that it was just a big name for conventional photographic paper,
but I don't think he believed me: He still seemed convinced that this
was some esoteric technique.

Well, the technique succeeded then :-).

Another story in the "What is the world coming to" category:

[...]

He asked the judges about it
and it turns out that they had never heard of Bromoil and furthermore
assumed that anything they didn't recognize must be digital.

That speaks a volume.  Apparently, they'd never heard of "Google" either,
which would have cleared things up in a jiffy.  It's sad, but apparently
inevitable,
when purism starts eating the offspring.

Dana