[pure-silver] Re: problem with BTZS software

  • From: shannon stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 06:46:53 -0500

>I'm interested in some general feed-back on this software, since I gave it a
>try about 8 years ago with questionable success (Davies gave me the Mac
>software, but it didn't work for me). I ended up having much better results
>by plotting and extrapolating by hand or using simple computer graphics
>programs. The theory behind it seemed close enough, but the execution lacked
>accuracy. After I modified a few things, it worked well.
>
>Can you share other experiences?

I know several people who use it with a lot of success.  They love
it.  These are mostly people who shoot really big sheet film for alt
processes.  I think I am going to keep trying it for a while before I
give up.  I could have made  a mistake when I exposed the film under
the enlarger light, or messed up the developer somehow.  Or maybe I
am metering wrong, or my light meter is screwed up. It's kind of old
and needs adjustment about once a year.  But, the four minute times
just don't seem right.  That makes me think I made a mistake in the
test somehow.

SBR means subject brightness range in Phil-speak.

--shannon