[pure-silver] Re: prepackaging my developer

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:11:37 -0800

On Nov 9, 2009, at 13:58, Richard Knoppow wrote:

Kodak does indeed have some magic in encapsulating the ingredients so that they can get away with packaging D-76 and Dektol as single packages. However, in the past both came as double packages with the metol separated. Metol does not dissolve well in sodium sulfite solution so it should be put up separately. AFAIK, the other ingredients can be combined.
    Ansco used to sell packaged 47 so its doable.
BTW, Ansco/Agfa 47 appears to be essentially identical to Kodak D-61a except for strength. The ingredients of the Kodak formula are double those of the Ansco formula.

Thank you Richard. I can easily keep the Metol separate. I don't know where I originally came up with the Ansco 47 formula, I have used it for many years for negs to be platinum printed. It gives a sparkling clean white. It is better for me to pre package dry chemicals than try to bottle concentrates.
Dennis