[pure-silver] prepackaging my developer

  • From: Dennis Purdy <dlp4777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 09:12:08 -0800

I have an ongoing project which I am using a specific film developer for. It is Ansco 47 which must be mixed from scratch and uses all the usual suspects for chemicals. I am getting tired of mixing it up everytime I want to use it so I am thinking of prepackaging it in zip lock bags. I am wondering if there is some reason I should keep any of the chemicals separate within the mix, like the metol or Hydroquinone or sodium carbonate. I know that D76 comes in a single bag and it uses most the same stuff. My mix calls for Metol, Hydroquinone, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Bisulfate and potassium Bromide. If I just weigh it out and put it in batches in zip lock bags will there be any internal oxidizing or other bad reactions over time?

thank you
Dennis