[pure-silver] Re: old twin lens camera focussing?

  • From: Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:21:27 -0500

As an update to my previous post. it appears that Voigtlander produced
several models under the name Brilliant.  Some like mine are really a
glorified box camera while another model was a true twin lens reflex
where both lenses would move.  There are lots of sites on the web
describing various versions.

Thanks. I found a description and photograph of our camera at this site:

http://www.amdmacpherson.com/classiccameras/index.html

It's the Voigtlander Brillant , and ours appears to be made of Bakelite rather than metal. One lens is stationary and hte taking lens can be moved.

Compared to my old Rolleiflex from the late thirties, the screen is much brighter.

--shannon

Jerry