[pure-silver] Re: old twin lens camera focussing?

  • From: Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 12:11:00 -0500

The old German Voigtlander company made a twin lens reflex with the name
Brilliant.  I have one that I inherited from my uncle.  The viewing lens
is used only for framing and always presents a focused image.  It's been
a long time since I handled mine but there should be a focusing scale
somewhere to guess focus.  There should be a little door on the side
which allows you to store a couple of filters.

We wondered what that little door was for! And it is a Voigtlander, but ours says "brillant," rather than brilliant. I guess it's a french word.

Yes, the viewing lens is only for framing and it is always focused.
The only thing that might be described as a "scale" is a sort swoosh marking near the lens. Is that the focus guessing scale?

--shannon

Jerry